I now once again appreciate the value of a good weekend. Two whole days without structure is a wonderful thing. But it also offers a problem: I want to sleep in, but I also don't want to waste my lovely free time in bed, I want to watch movies, read books and cook, but then there are all the things I 'should' be doing, like mowing the lawn, cleaning the house and doing laundry.
Cleaning, reading, mowing, watching, cooking, grocery shopping, going to the gym ... all so (wonderfully) mundane. I also need to find a way to increase the adventure quotient of my free time while not cutting into my time dedicated to doing nothing.
How do other people balance the three important uses of free time: the wonderful boring routine of staying alive, the relaxing after a long work week and the leading of an exciting life?
It is life on a 5/2 schedule that interests me. You have almost zero personal time for 5 days and then BAM you have two whole empty days to fit in both the relaxing, the necessary and the fun. How do others fit in everything on that schedule?
kitty is hilarious and i never fit everything in. that's why the same laundry is sitting on my floor from when you were here. seriously.
ReplyDeletei love your house. and your blog. {i just discovered it from brittany.} and i like your blog purpose. if i find any adventure, i will send it your way.
ReplyDelete